Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• hank November 2013
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Stocks Up, Bonds Down Again This Week - SPY High, Up 29% YTD

edited November 2013 in Fund Discussions
SPY ended week at all-time closing high. AGG experienced 2 distribution days...down days on higher than average volume. Here are the numbers through Friday for SPY and AGG:

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Thanks Charles

The 10-year Treasury is an easy to follow barometer. It bottomed at under 1.5% sometime during 2012. This summer it shot up to 2.95% on Fed fears, than quickly fell to around 2.5% over the next two months. Now it's back to 2.75% - pretty much in the center of its recent range.

I have two thoughts on where interest rates are going: 1) higher over the next decade, 2) but lower from here when the stock market finally corrects. Should either of these predictions occur, I'll sign up with the next traveling carnival that passes through as in-house psychic & fortune-teller.

And yep - stocks are generally "growthier" than bonds. To me that's a given - similar to asking whether or not the Pope's Catholic.