Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

How will Gundlach vs TCW lawsuit affect their Funds once a verdict has been Reached?

edited August 2011 in Fund Discussions
Now that the trial has started, does anyone know what the end result could be on TCW and Doubleline funds (especially DLTNX, RNDLX and TGLMX in my case). First, would the loss by either mean loss in the funds returns (i.e., if Gundlach loses, will the loss be taken out of the funds, or be is personal loss)? And, second, do you believe investors will bail out of the loser causing too-large outflows for the managers to be able to maintain their returns?

Comments

• The funds would not suffer loss, it would be the company that would. I think my main concern would be that the suit would cause upcoming funds to not launch, but the funds in question (such as the more recent Doubleline Multi-Asset) did launch.
  • Thanks, Scott! Just what I wanted to know.