Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Grandeur Peak Emerging Markets Opportunities Fund prospectus

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Link to company's press release:

http://www.grandeurpeakglobal.com/documents/pdfs/grandeurpeakglobalfunds-pr-20131216.pdf

I found this quite interesting from the above press release:

Given the liquidity challenge this can present, our current intention is to Soft Close the Emerging Markets Opportunities Fund when it reaches $200M in AUM. Because of the limited assets we are giving existing clients a chance to invest in the Fund before we make a broad press release or begin actively soliciting new clients. The Fund is available for purchase beginning today, but we will hold off until February 1st before actively soliciting new clients. You can purchase the Fund directly from us or through a number of intermediary platforms.
  • The fund will close when AUM reach 200M.

• I'm just going to keep the Grandeur Peak Global Reach Fund which will have a sizable chunk allocated to EM stocks and overlap quite a bit with what's in the EM Opportunities fund.

• I find it very interesting that these independent boutique funds close their funds at far smaller AUM's then the Behemoths. Are there suggested maximums for different cap sizes and supportive studies? I know there are a number of variables such as portfolio turnover.
  • Reply to @golub1: You might check our profile of Global Reach. The short answer is that Grandeur Peak invests in a single pool of stocks (small cap growth, worldwide) and sort of apportions shares out to the appropriate funds. They have a sense of what their firm-wide management capacity is and they then worked backward to create caps for the individual funds. Something like: "we can manage $3 billion firmwide. We want to close well short of capacity. We'll allocate 30% to our flagship then X% to our global focused fund, Y% to our emerging markets fund ..."

David
  • It is available at TDA, and I invested the mininum this morning.