Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Barney Frank joins CNBC

edited December 2013 in Off-Topic
I'm kind of amazed he is after he's been a grumpy St Bernard-looking senator on there so many times (and I think he's walked off more than once.)

Comments

• Dear Scott: With all due respect turn off the TV and delete Zero Hedge from your browser.
    Merry Christmas,
    TEd
  • edited December 2013
    Ha! If Joe Kernen becomes any more bored, he will fall asleep on-air. I wonder how many people he puts back to sleep? With Joe as a backdrop, maybe Barney Frank will be a good add=).
  • I have two words.
    Shameless.
    Ridiculous.
  • I find this letter to the editor of The Wall Street Journal dated Sept.13th of this year both amusing and ironic.The linked article is pay-walled but includes a lengthier letter in the same vain.
    If the market had been left to its own devices, we would eventually have had a housing bubble, but nothing equal to what happened in 2008. Fewer people would have owned homes, but for those who did their cost would have been more consistent with their financial capabilities. In a market-driven economy, fraud and incompetence occur, but those responsible are held accountable. Today those responsible have not been identified and held accountable. Some actually have had legislation passed in their names—Chris Dodd and Barney Frank.
    Harper A. Roehm
    Sugar Hill, Ga.
    http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887323527004579079093243463228
  • edited December 2013
    Yawn ... So Barney joins the innumerable caravan of celebrities to profit from a stint in the show business virtually all TV news has become. I don't begrudge any of these folks trying to make an honest dime. But the product displayed - be it from CNBC, CNN, Fox News, or whatever is so awful I refuse to watch or listen.

You have to wonder, however, why he'd want to associate with this particular crowd. Money? Vanity? Probably both.