Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• Ted December 2013
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Way OT - One reason Amazon (AMZN) stays ahead of the competition

edited December 2013 in Off-Topic
I've always appreciated their willingness to respond to customer complaints and queries. Recently, a gift order failed to arrive at the destination on the promised date. Amazon notified me the shipper couldn't locate the address and was returning the item to them. Immediately, they refunded the full purchase price (under $25) to my account.

After learning the package had been delivered the following day to the intended recipient, I emailed Amazon and asked them to bill me again. Here's the answer I received today (with agent's name deleted for privacy reasons):

Message From Customer Service
Hello,

Thanks for letting us know your order arrived safely and I'm glad you took the time to write in; we appreciate your loyalty.

I understand very well that no monetary value can ever redeem the anxious moments of waiting for a delayed order, but please accept the full refunds as our own way of thanking you for the years you've been with us in Amazon.com.

Kindly be assured that you'll not be charged for this item too!

We truly value you as our esteemed customer and would be honored to do business with you again in the future.

I hope you'll also consider us again for your online shopping needs.

Best regards,
XXXXXXXX

Comments