Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Hey, buy those regional banks/funds.......I promise a decent return on your investment

Comments

• Does this mean the taxpayer is off the hook if one should meet it's Waterloo !?
    Probably not !
    Derf
  • "If the House follows suit, banks that already have enough cash will be able to celebrate by paying fatter dividends and share buybacks."

Smoke @ Bsh?t

I think I will rush out and use my income tax cut savings and buy up bank stocks - not.
  • @Derf and @Gary
    l'm gonna watch 3 select etf's just to discover the forward. This link and returns should update every business day, and I will be watching the right side a few days at a time.

http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/perf.php?KRE,KBWR,IAT&n=200&O=011000
  • I've had regional bank fund JRBAX for about 18 months, and have vacillated back and forth on whether I have too many sector bets (health, tech, consumer staples, banking, medical devices) and each time I get close to thinking about reducing or selling , they seem to either rally or start to inch back up. I did sell my utilities, and of course they started to rally, but I was overweight in that sector anyway. As some of you know, I tend to take a barbell approach to my portfolio. Solid dividend growth, S + P 500 and E + I funds make up the largest part of portfolio, and sector funds and intl and emerging markets to fill in on the edges. Im 67% stocks, rest bond and cash, Been adding to emerging and global lately.

Think I will hold onto this fund and see what happens.
  • edited April 2018
    @Slick, what's that reg'l bank fund you mentioned? No hits on that ticker I can find except a pending listing for a JPM target retirement fund. I'm curious to see how an active oef (if that's what it is) is doing vs. an index ("modified equal weighted") like the etf KRE.
  • @AndyJ My best guess is Slick probably means FRBAX.
  • Not sure I get it. Somehow the smaller regional banks want to return $$ to investors?
  • @Lewis, thanks, yes that is the one.sometimes I type like I'm dyslexic