Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Work 401 fund change

Workplace 401 has a change in the works and i wanted to know the collectives thoughts. Swapping Allianz NFJ Small Cap Value PCVAX for Nuveen Small Cap Value FSCCX.

Comments

• Does your 401k have small cap index fund?
  • The Nuveen fund's performance has been superior to Allianz lately. The Nuveen fund also has the advantage of having a lower cost (.95 vs 1.15). I wouldn't invest in either but within your 401k, you don't have much of a choice. So, superior performance at a lower cost, seems to be a win/win. Data was taken from Morningstar.
  • i have clients in FSCCX where warranted. volatile, but always pulls thru. weigh according to your risk tolerance.
  • VF No small cap index. I always liked the dividend mandate of PCVAX. Now this fund will outperform. I have held it all these years and someone else is making decisions for me.