Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Art Cashin: "China May Boycott One Or Two Treasury Auctions"

Comments

• S&P 2800 ! What say Ted ?
    Derf
  • edited May 2019
    Hi @Derf:

FWIW

I'm looking to do a little buying, in some of my good dividend paying equity funds, like (INUTX & SVAAX), should the S&P 500 Index venture into the 2750 range or below. INUTX has a yield of about 3.0% and SVAAX has a yield of about 3.5%. I'm not looking to add to my capital appreciation type equity funds, such as (KAUAX), at this time. US Treasuries simply are not offering enough yield for me to invest there when I can get a 1 year CD in the 2.4% to 2.5% yield range. Just last week I bought an 18mo CD paying 2.45%. In comparison, my money market mutual funds are currently paying north of 2.25%.
  • Hi O_S: thanks for stopping by . Jill S. was on the tube & said Intel, Apple, & Cat took the hardest hits today. I'd be with you on 2750 before putting some dry powder to work.

Good investing to all, Derf