Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Sports Cars, Psychopaths, and Testosterone: Inside The New Frontier of Fund Manager Research

FYI: (Look no further than practicing yoga, wearing Hermès ties draped around his neck, poker playing and golfing, along with stamp collecting Bill Gross.)

Should investors care about a fund manager’s relationship status? What kind of car they drive? Ask them if they’ve won any poker games lately?

Research points to yes.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.institutionalinvestor.com/article/b1ghpmmp796w07/Sports-Cars-Psychopaths-and-Testosterone-Inside-the-New-Frontier-of-Fund-Manager-Research

Comments

• edited July 2019
    Fund discussions? Really?

As to whether she drives a sports car, smokes cigars, plays poker, or looks good in a bikini ... I really don’t care. Do you?
  • @hank: Always get up on the right side of the bed, not the left !
    Regards,
    Ted:)
  • I guess since MFO members say getting a history or anthropology degree is a waste of money, at least if you get a finance degree you can get paid for writing bull like this.
  • edited July 2019
    @Ted, I was just saying to somebody the other day how much nicer you’ve become of late.:) Greatly appreciated. And it’s unfair I suppose to pick out one silly article from the 90% or more of yours that truly benefit investors. So, please accept my apologies for not doing a better job sorting out the wheat from the chaff.

What made me react was, I think, a subtle insinuation in the clip that fund managers are always males. (testosterone, poker, sports cars) Of course, women make great fund managers too. And I’ve known women who smoked cigars, played poker and liked Guinness Stout - but that’s probably not the norm.

Regards