Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Find a good Site to observe 2008 fund results

Morningstar stopped reporting at 2009. Too bad! 2008 was the scary year. I lke to know what the fund or ETF did in 2008 and other down years.
Any ideas?
prinx

Comments

• Bring up finance.yahoo.com.

Type in the Ticker at top of the page.

Hit Performance.

Will list the Annual Total Returns (%) History for all the funds/ETFS years in operation.
  • edited December 2019
    +1 @BECKMANB

I just did that for QVOPX (alternative investment). It pulled up the -22% in 2008 (which I was more/less aware of) and went back even farther. Awesome resource. Who would’ve thunk Yahoo?

When buying a new fund, there are many metrics to consider. But for a real stress test that 2008 figure is worth taking a good hard look at.
  • That is my stress too.............2008!
  • Is there a site that you can compare 5 funds or etfs 1,3,5, 10, and going out to 15 years annualized returns?
  • The legacy pages of M* still let you do that.

Here's the link for the performance page of VFIAX. In Enter Tickers box of the Compare section, you can enter the tickers of the funds or ETFs that you want to compare. While the graph only goes back ten years, the table of returns ("Trailing Total Returns") has exactly the columns you asked for: annualized returns over 1,3,5,10, and 15 years.

http://performance.morningstar.com/fund/performance-return.action?t=VFIAX&region=usa&culture=en-US