Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

RiverPark Short Term High Yield (RPHYX / RPHIX) reopened to all investors today

2»

Comments

• @FD1000
    DHEIX is the only one with 80+% in investment-grade rating. I can't buy DHEIX at Schwab but I can buy DHEAX with no fees.
    I'm pleased that someone mentioned DHEIX at this point in this discussion and its performance. It has outperformed RPHIX lifetime, 3yr., 2yr., and 1yr. (Also, I note that it has a negative correlation, although a small one, to RPHIX.) I do own DHHIX, the HY offering, and have been considering DHEIX for purchase. Both funds are $20/TF at Vanguard.
  • As a generic rule, I would invest in MBS before I would invest in HY. MBS/Securitized is where great managers have great risk/reward + you get higher distributions which is what many retirees want/need. The following funds have a high % in Securitized DHEIX,PIMIX,VCFAX,IISIX,SEMMX,IOFIX,EIXIX.
    I also have a hard time finding data on RPHIX on their site such as duration and breakdown of bond categories and rating. I don't trust M* numbers.
  • RPHYX available NTF at Vanguard RPHIX also but $100,000 minimum. $50 redemption fee in 60 days