Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Tech Stockpicker Raises $6 Billion for Hybrid Fund

edited February 2020 in Off-Topic
“A star stockpicker has pulled off one of the largest fund launches on record, with a “hybrid” model that reflects some of the biggest trends reshaping finance: the rise of passive investing, algorithmic trading, and the exploding appetite for private investments. Until last March, Henry Ellenbogen ... managed T Rowe Price’s celebrated $29bn New Horizons fund.”

Financial Times 2/11/2020

FT can be hard to access after a few hits. Clearing last few from device cache may help.

Comments

• I was able to get to the article googling his name on the google news feed.

Also ran into this article on Barrons that describes some of the things he is investing in. Makes me wonder if he's one of the smart guys responsible for the fancy-colored bikes and foot scooters that litter my town.

I guess I missed the invite to lock some money up with him for three years. Lucky for me that FOMO isn't in the picture when my money is involved.

I also wonder what he's charging to manage that money.
  • There is always a catch, i.e. no free lunch for sure. Henry Ellenbogen was successful managing TRP New Horizons fund and received majority of the credit. Often star managers leave and form their own firms and they don't perform nearly as well. There is an army of analysts doing all the hard work and these managers pick what work. Hard to imagine how they do well in the long run without this level of support.
  • @WABAC
    An easy discovery for Durable Capital Partners fees, etc.
    Not unlike an individual investor, he has his set of thought processes, as to what he feels are investment choices that will be most beneficial going forward; to the profit side.

• catch22 said:

@WABAC
    An easy discovery for Durable Capital Partners fees, etc.
    Not unlike an individual investor, he has his set of thought processes, as to what he feels are investment choices that will be most beneficial going forward; to the profit side.

Thanks for the link catch22. Don't know why I thought that wouldn't be public info.