Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Tom Madell's most recent Mutual Fund/ETF Newsletter

Includes advice regarding the recent selloff.

Newsletter March 2020

Comments

• edited March 2020
    Hi Guys,

I have always enjoyed reading Dr. Madell's newsletter as he writes good down to eath thinking. I especially enjoyed reading about his suggested 25/25/50 asset allocation portfolio that he used in this months newsletter to compute portfolio performance. This was of good interest to me since my portfolio now centers around a 20/40/40 asset allocation mix. For me my asset allocation is important, to me, because it reflects my risk tolerance, meets my production needs thus meeting my need based goals. Plus, it is a lesson in how to manage investment risk as well.

In reading his newsletter take a few notes ... say of at least three things ... that are interest and see if they don't resonate with you in your own investing endeavors. If you can not find at least three things then perhaps you should consider changing your thinking and your philosophy concerning investing.

Hopefully, he will soon write about how to determine fair value for both the stock and bond markets. I'd be interested in reading his perpsectives on this subject.

I wish all ... "Good Investing."