Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

RiverNorth Core Opportunity Fund (I class) lowers initial minimum

...but it is still expensive.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1370177/000139834420008148/fp0053131_497.htm

RIVERNORTH FUNDS
RiverNorth Core Opportunity Fund
Institutional Share Class
(Ticker Symbol RNCIX)
April 17, 2020

SUPPLEMENT TO PROSPECTUS DATED
January 28, 2020

The RiverNorth Core Opportunity Fund Institutional Share Class to Reduce Initial Minimum Investment Amount.

On April 6, 2020 the Board of Trustees (the "Board") of RiverNorth Funds approved a change to the initial minimum investment amount for the Institutional Share Class for the RiverNorth Core Opportunity Fund (the “Fund”). Effective on April 24, 2020, the minimum initial investment amount for the Fund’s Institutional Share Class (ticker RNCIX) will reduce from $5,000,000 to $100,000.

RIVERNORTH FUNDS
c/o ALPS Fund Services, Inc.
1290 Broadway, Suite 1100
Denver, Colorado 80203
1-888-848-7569

Please retain this supplement with your Prospectus for future reference.

Comments

• Can you even buy the retail shares via R/N? Over the long haul, this strikes me as a great way to buy undervalued assets.
  • RNCIX is available with transaction fee and an ER of 2.72% at Schwab. The fund has not attracted much interest even though the idea sounds good. It didn’t do squat for me when I owned it soon after it opened. CEFs are wonky and a fund of CEFs is wonkier still.