Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Ritz to roll out cracker-flavored ice cream with Coolhaus

Comments

• msf
    edited August 2020
    But is it gluten-free?

Actually a semi-serious question, since the article says only that the ice cream ribbon will be a "crispy golden cracker swirl". Consider that Coolhaus Yellow Cake Batter ice cream has no flour; at least it is yellow.

Given that Coolhaus already sells a Milkshake and Fries flavor (with gluten added!), it doesn't seem all that surprising that they'd add a second "sweet and salty" flavor by adapting an existing branded product (Ritz Bits peanut butter).
  • How 'bout Liver Ripple or Marshmallow Mushroom? Chocolate N' Trout?
  • Biscoff started making ice cream pints with mix-ins...chocolate chip, caramel, etc. (I love the blueberry flavor) and bars. A little sweeter than Ritz, but they are excellent.
  • MSF wins for worst flavor—French Fries ice cream ick!
  • How about Goldenseal or Asafoetida? I have tasted garlic ice cream. It was over 40 years ago, at a birthday party for someone who claimed to love garlic in anything and everything. So some friends made up a batch of garlic ice cream for the occasion. The birthday boy thought it was very good. I found it hideous. One spoonful was more than enough to form my opinion.