Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Any predictions upon what day the DJI tops 40,000?

edited November 2021 in Other Investing
36,280 this morning +200 points for the day. At that rate, the 40,000 mark would be accomplished around December 1.

Anybody think before Thanksgiving?

Anybody see 50,000 by year end?

Comments

• edited November 2021
    Well............could be as much fun as electronic, online gambling in Michigan, eh?

However, without setting/guessing a number; I'll cheer for the continued upward U.S. equity path, as we sit at 69/31% ,equity/bond mix. Perhaps a bit too HOT a mix for an older folks portfolio; but......

But, I'll wager that one of us buys the other a cup or two of coffee the next time you pass through FNT and that we both can accommodate a schedule for this.
  • edited November 2021
    :) Not sure where I am …

Likely 40 / 30 / 30 Equity / Bond / Other

(or something along those lines)

Re Electronic online gambling in Michigan - Markets are so exciting haven’t even bothered to watch a BB game or wager on anything.

Re DFKG / Per earlier post, unloaded small position around 11/6 after NY approved their operation - but with a 51% state tax on earnings. Since than it has fallen from the mid $40s to under $39 at one point this morning. Hope folks aren’t sitting on a big slug by way of C Wood’s Ark fund.

Wishing Catch and everybody here investing success!
  • Shiller p/e about to touch 40, regular SP500 p/e 30

Allan Roth today tweets about the new M* 3.3% SWR guidance (30y lifespan; probably already posted here)

https://www.morningstar.com/articles/1066569/whats-a-safe-retirement-spending-rate-for-the-decades-ahead
  • edited November 2021
    It will likely to get there by end of the year. The more important question is whether the earnings will improve in light of supply chain pressure.
  • Fox NFL broadcasts feature gambling odds on games later in the day. There’s a plus-minus number, an over/under figure, and a percentage figure expressing the likelihood of one team winning. Mumbo-jumbo to me as I confine my wagering to the games played M-F 9:30-4:00.