Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Frontegra MFG Global Equity FMGEX....don't know much about Frontegra or MFG

edited August 2012 in Fund Discussions
MFG is Magellan Financial Group...if you look at their website, you would think that they are the second coming based off of some of quotes they flash on the screen. Fund has not been around long but perfornace is solid and it is a more focused fund (which interests me)....heavily tilted to the US despite being a global fund, and expenses have been waived down to .80%. FMGEX is availabe at Fido for $2,500 but with transaction fee for IRAs. I am looking for a good global growth fund....although it might not be as necessary since I also have ARTGX and I am beginning to see that as more of a GAARP fund....Thoughts?

Frontegra has also partnered with MFG for the Frontegra MFG Infrastructure fund FMGIX...

Comments

• Thanks for the heads up on FMGEX, which looks like a solid, concentrated fund. I really like the investment philosophy of the MFG Global Fund (inception 7/1/2007), which is almost identical with FMGEX:

http://www.magellangroup.com.au/magellan-funds/magellan-global-fund/investment-philosophy/

And the MFG fund has had pretty decent returns since inception:

http://www.magellangroup.com.au/magellan-funds/magellan-global-fund/unit-prices-peformance/

Right now I have an adequate number of global funds, but I will place FMGEX on my watch list.

Kevin

• I am going to watch it for a little bit......I hate to pay the transaction fee to Fidelity, but ....Does not seem to have too much overalap with ARTGX, which is my other Global fund.
  • Wasatch funds come to mind when you are talking about global growth, but maybe you aren't interested in the small/mid caps.
  • I already have Grandeur Peak Global Opportunities (GPGOX) for that slice....I really don't have a mid-large global growth vehicle other than ARTGX which I thinks acts alot like a growth fund...I think that more focused funds do better in teh large cap growth (global and domestic funds) space vice more sprawling portfolios (although alot people probably disagree with me)...but seems like the funds with 45 or less stocks do pretty well in that space....I could rattle off a bunch of tickers but probbaly unnecessary for this audience....
  • Reply to @Heathbob: ARTGX is more value leaning global fund from Artisan (and thus has Value in the name). The growth leaning one is ARTHX.
  • Perhaps, but I think that it is more of a GAARP fund than a true value fund.....I have also been watching ARTRX....but wating for now.....I think that it looks a little more interesting than ARTHX.