Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Update re: MFLDX

edited October 2012 in Fund Discussions
The symbol is not yet published, apparently there will be a new symbol on 10/9. It will still be NTF at Ameritrade, according to rep.

Not sure why the symbol change, still a company with an "M" in the title.

Comments

• edited October 2012
    MFLDX did not change symbol, remains NTF at A'trade, but the minimum for that share class is now $5,000,000. The Marketfield Fund portion of the Marketfield website also now points to the Mainstay website.
  • Just a reminder that EXISTING shareholders may continue to purchase shares of MFLDX with no commission, no $5 million minimum at Schwab, Ameritrade, Fidelity, and others.
  • Yep, thankfully the fund remains NTF at Ameritrade (and I'm guessing elsewhere.) and there is no minimum for additional purchases.
  • So far, the changes look similar to those adopted by Mainstay when they took over the ICAP funds (e.g., ICSLX, ICEUX).
  • MFLDX is no longer NTF at Vanguard. It's not available for purchase or transfer.
  • edited October 2012
    Minor note, I'm also seeing "Closed to New" on MFLDX, as well, on the MFLDX class shares only. It had $5M minimum and open the other day, now no min and closed to new.
  • Bought some MFJIZ (new symbol) yesterday at Chucks place. Have a good weekend, Derf. P.S. I believe $5oo was mim..