Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Doug Ramsey, Leuthold CIO, on investing in the markets ahead

2»

Comments

• edited June 2023

According to LCORX's Fact Sheet, its investment objective is: "Capital appreciation and income while maintaining prudence in terms of managing exposure to risk. Investment guidelines are 30%-70% equity exposure and 30%-70% fixed income." What is the value in comparing it to a 100% equity fund like SPY after the longest equity bull market in history just ended? PRWCX is a fairer comparison as is VBIAX, and PRWCX has been a terrific fund.

I compared LSLTX(99+% in stocks) to SP500 and LCORX(60+% stocks) to PRWCX.
    Leuthold funds have high ER and small AUM.
  • @FD1000 I was referring in the first part of my comment to the remark "bpkis...spy much better over all periods" not written by you. I agree that PRWCX has been a better performer than LCORX and that is a fairer comparison than to SPY.