Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

WealthTrack Show - 2024

beebee
edited January 7 in Other Investing
Happy New Year! What's your New Year resolution?

Mine is to learn something new...one of the many reasons I enjoy this site. Thanks to all that share their experiences and expertise with others.

Here are a few resolutions from some recent WealthTrack guests:

recent-wealthtrack-guests-all-top-financial-professionals-have-remarkably-similar-2024-resolutions

No new episode for this week.

Comments

• beebee
    edited January 13
    Jan 13th Episode:
    In this interview, Sebastien Page shares his insights on how this new regime differs from previous periods and how it requires us to rethink traditional approaches to asset allocation. Join us as we explore the strategies and considerations for building and protecting your wealth in this changing financial landscape.
    "Diversification may not be a free lunch, but maybe more like a 'tasty' lunch."

• Fun to listen to. I still don't prefer any of the "glide-path" funds. Too much "cookie cutter" stuff going on there. I'm always trying to watch out for my own Confirmation Bias. Page, this time, emphasizes trusting the "right" Fund Managers who can adroitly play with hedges and shorts. I won't go near that stuff, myself. If David Giroux wants to do it, then it feels much safer and sensible. PRWCX = almost 40% of portfolio, now. Considering RPBAX for my 31-year-old son who works niche-jobs and performs in a band or two. Streaky income in his case.
  • Jan 20 Episode
    Join renowned financial thought leader and strategist Jason Trennert as he shares his major investment themes for 2024 in this episode of WEALTHTRACK. Gain insights into the current state of the economy and markets, and discover potential risks and opportunities that lie ahead.

Trennert discusses the performance of giant tech stocks, the importance of portfolio rebalancing, and investment strategies for areas that have lagged behind.

• beebee
    edited January 27
    Link to Jan 27 Episode:
    … dive into the real risks facing the markets with global value investor Matthew McLennan. As markets climb a wall of worry, McLennan shares his insights on protecting yourself from inevitable declines and sticking to a disciplined investment approach.

We explore the key concerns and opportunities in the financial landscape. Stay tuned for valuable insights from McLennan, Co-Head of the global value team at First Eagle Investments, discusses the multiple risks facing “complacent” markets and his strategies to navigate them.

• Feb 3 Episode:
    We speak with Christine Benz, Morningstar’s personal finance guru, about the significant impact of higher yields on retirement planning. Benz discusses the potential benefits of adding a basic fixed immediate annuity to retirement plans, the importance of asset location for higher-yielding assets, and the advantages of investing in defined maturity bond funds. She also shares insights on the iShares I bond Term TIPS ETFs and the implications of higher interest rates on portfolio returns.

Explore This Episode - additional information and content related to this episode.
    retirement-planning
  • beebee
    edited February 17
    Part 2 with Christine Benz:
    https://youtu.be/Qe181niOHms

• beebee
    edited February 24
    Seems we are in rerun season...

If you have missed episodes:
    https://wealthtrack.com/
  • beebee
    edited March 2
    March 2 Episode
    In a “Tearing Down the Pink Wall” event, three top women in finance, former super star strategist, now business school professor Abby Joseph Cohen, top ranked equity strategist Savita Subramanian and leading business professor Mila Getmansy Sherman share their journeys to making it to the top in finance.
    Podcast
    https://wealthtrack.com/abby-joseph-cohen-savita-subramanian-mila-getmansky-sherman-share-powerful-financial-career-advice/
  • March 8 Episode:
    Why leading strategist, Ed Yardeni says this bull market is reminiscent of the 1920s when stock prices soared, the economy was growing and technology was leading the way.
    Podcast:
    https://soundcloud.com/wealthtrack/the-roaring-2020s
  • edited March 11
    Hopefully, the end of this bull market will not be reminiscent of the Stock Market Crash of 1929!
    Ed Yardeni states that the economy and consumers are doing well.
    He believes there are opportunities available in tech, industrials, financials, and energy.
    Mr. Yardeni's "one investment for a diversified long-term portfolio" is the S&P 1500.
  • Additionally, Yardeni see a broadening of the market beyond the large tech. He recommends S&P 1500 (so to include the smaller caps). Likely there is “no landing” this year since US economy is moving along well and low employment.

Yardeni is the most bullish comparing to the most that I come across.
  • ...bond analyst Martin Fridson explains his tested strategy for identifying top-performing stocks for the year ahead.

• beebee
    edited April 3
    March 23rd Episode:

Causeway Capital’s Sarah Ketterer describes a range of global companies with outstanding values.

• beebee
    edited April 3
    March 3oth Epsiode:

Ed Yardeni tackles why AI isn’t intelligent, economists have been so wrong and the bull market could continue.

• Apr 6 Episode:
    Medicare expert Katy Votava shares tips on how to get the most from your Medicare coverage and avoid costly mistakes.

• beebee
    edited April 20
    4/20/24 Episode:
    Top ranked real estate fund manager, Jeffrey Kolitch discusses the compelling opportunities he is finding in the much maligned commercial real estate industry.
    Kolitch is the fund manager of 5*M* BREFX. Year to year it ranks either as one of the best or as one of the worst in its category.

• edited April 22
    Thanks @bee. I particularly like Ed Yardeni. Short summary:
    1. AI is a mathematical tool. His early adaptation to AI for writing monthly reports have encountered many errors. Cited several cases where AI encountered its limits on reliable usage.
    2. Fewer rate cuts than expected due to strong consumer demand and tight labor market.
    3 Concerns the worsening geopolitical conflicts across the globe with the adversaries such as Russia, China, etc. Recent rise of autocratic development including those in US are particularly alarming.
    4. Still favors US stock market over foreign market, particularly S&P1500 to have exposure of mid and small cap stocks.

As an economist and Fed watch, Yardeni’s assessment is much more reliable compared to other pundits.