Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• The high yield bond sector bucked the trend on Monday with the HY sector moving in the opposite direction of U.S. equities.
    HYG = +.51%
    JNK = +.38%
    These two were likely candidates for hedge funds and other large trading groups. Profit taking for this daily blip will likely show its face soon enough.
    Some of this move spilled into the active managed HY bond funds where gains were in the +.11through +.15 ranges for the more plain jane HY bond funds.
    A day, so not a trend; but an interesting situation for those who monitor this area.

Regards,
    Catch
  • Hi Catch, enjoy reading your weekly summaries. I've attached a link from David Schawel on his 2013 credit outlook which also has interesting embedded links and some investment vehicles which I will be researching further.
    Thanks
    http://www.valuewalk.com/2012/12/credit-outlook-2013-high-yield-mortgage-reits-and-treasuries/
  • Howdy Bud,
    Thank you for the link. A short and to the point write by the author. I also checked the links. Ted placed a post yesterday (Dec 3) related to floating rate/bank loans; which I do check; but do not have investments directed in this area, at this time.
    Regards,
    Catch