Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Schwab: the verdict is in re: client services.

Can't EVER get anyone to pick up the phone at the downtown office. Everything is done by remote-control phone tag. When I try the 24/7 phone or chat, they might as well be ME, trying to get through. They can actually do no more than I can, myself. A simple question that could be answered (if I could get THROUGH to someone) in 12 seconds should never get THIS complicated. Attempts, repeat attempts, aborted calls. They just should not even be pretending to offer assistance by phone. They never ANSWER the phone.

So, the only advantage I gain by moving from TRP is that I can understand their English. Otherwise, sit tight. Be patient. Don't expect to get quick, simple answers to quick simple questions. Those days are gone. The System is DESIGNED to be unresponsive, you stoopid client! How DARE you expect to get help from the ones you are forced to depend upon, here?

Comments

• Tried the chat service?
  • Many times. With general questions or help with the infernal website. I just had a quick yes-or-no question for my own local office, downtown. Impossible to get a simple answer to a simple question because they must have an internal rule: never pick up the phone in order to be helpful in a prompt, timely manner. Timeliness is clearly not a priority. They just don't care. We should serve THEM, it seems to me. Bollocks. Testicles. Spooge. Farce.
  • If Schwab has a local office in your town, I would just visit them. At least you talk with a live agent and their supervisor if your needs cannot be addressed on the spot. They may even help you on how to find your answers on their website.

Chat services do work at Fidelity with live agents. Usually it takes several rounds of questioning until it get to the specifics of your questions.
  • Sven said:

If Schwab has a local office in your town, I would just visit them. At least you talk with a live agent and their supervisor if your needs cannot be addressed on the spot. They may even help you on how to find your answers on their website.

Chat services do work at Fidelity with live agents. Usually it takes several rounds of questioning until it get to the specifics of your questions.

Ya, after talking to a Call Center answerer yesterday, I was assured they could do a Medallion Guaranty for me along with accepting deposit checks and 14 other assorted things I might NEVER need. I took him at his word. I was talking to him anyhow, because the lovely, gorgeous and splendid people in the downtown office NEVER answer the phone.

Today, I was going downtown, anyhow. I stopped at Schwab. ...We don't do Medallion Guarantees..... Oh. How would I KNOW that, since nobody ever picks up the phone.

Apart from the initial meeting to get some assistance setting up the accounts--- (a process which got fractured along the way because my apparently assigned guy dropped the ball)--- I'm am feeling VERY HAD. For all the good they've been to me at the downtown office, they might as well be on a different planet. And contradictory info between Call Center and Office is customer abuse.
  • edited April 12
    Medallion Guarantees.....

Those are very tough to obtain. More so in recent rears years. Apparently some financial institutions have been scammed after granting them to fraudsters - and held accountable for millions.

I actually closed out a local bank account and stopped doing business with them after they refused to give me one about 10 years ago. The really silly thing here ….. Financial firms will tell you that you need one when in fact you really don’t. I ran into that a lot at D&C whenever I wanted to transfer funds out. Finally was told they were only necessary for extremely large amounts of $$.
  • edited April 13
    Ya. Navy FCU has a $5M limit ... Like I'm gonna go anywhere near that. At least I'm informed that they will do it. All of this feces is required because of the geniuses at BRUCE.
  • Medallion Guarantees.....
    Don’t know any banks in my town does that anymore. Think I only done that with moving $ out of TRP long time ago. Guess BRUCE does not want their investors to leave.

All my in-kind transfer at Fidelity was done electronically with a copy of latest statement enclosed. Typically 7 days they are completed including the cost basis.
  • edited April 13
    +1.
    EDIT TO ADD: ....Got the Medallion Guaranty on Sat. morning at nearby Navy FCU branch. Actual help. Actual assistance. Simple. Easy. I had to call their Call Center, then he called the local branch to ask for an answer to my question. Why can't I call the local branch, myself? Idiots in charge, everywhere. At every turn, all around, wherever you look. Can't swing a dead cat without running into some douche nozzle Efficiency Expert and their big ideas, mucking everything up for the rest of us.