Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Chip

TedTed
edited January 2013 in Off-Topic
In order to get on board I have to request new password via E-Mail every time this morning , but once I close MFO Website it requires me to sign in again Help !
Ted

Comments

• Dear Chip: Using IE requested a new password via E-Mail and everything seem to be OK, but when using Firefox and requesting new password via E-Mail nothing happens. Please help!!
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Dear Chip; I see your online, help need with getting on MFO using Firefox, IE and Chrome are OK.
    Ted
  • Why do you re-request a new password? Why don't you type your existing password? You can set your existing password in IE and use the same password for logging in via Firefox.

If the password is not easy to remember, you can change it by clicking on your name and on the blue menu bar of the forum (between Inbox and MGR) and chose Change password on the left column.

Also, try the following direct link to the forum in your browser instead of going through the home page (in which Forum becomes embedded in World Press). What you seeing could be a side effect of that interaction.

http://www.mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/index.php?p=/discussions
  • Hi, Ted.

Sorry for the delay. I had to take my car to the shop and forgot to log-out here.

It sounds like you might have your browser set to delete cookies. Your browser's password manager may also be remembering an old password for the site. The combination of the two is likely what's causing your problem.

In Firefox, try going into the options menu. There should be a security tab and in there you'll find the password manager. If you delete the saved password for MFO, that should fix your problem.

Let me know if you need more help.

chip
  • Chip: Did what you suggested in option menu and still can't log-on using Firefox, IE Chrome still OK
    Ted
  • This could very well be a conspiracy to keep you off line. Hmm, I wonder who would want to do that:)
  • Dear MikeM: I thought of that, but since I'm Mr. Mutual Fund and the world's oldest linkster this site couldn't get along without me. Could it ????
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Either that or Ted/several MFO members are getting O-L-[d] could not figure out the iPAD...lol. :) ... even I cant even figure out the IPAD so probably belong in the same boat

happy new yr ted/MFOs. thanks for all the linkage.
  • edited January 2013
    Reply to @Ted:

try this link or this or maybe the guy with the boat can help you
  • I use Firefox and have had no problem accessing MFO. It typically keeps me logged in, and only occasionally asks me to sign in again, in which case I use the same password I've used since MFO began.
  • Reply to @johnN: When I'm not home or otherwise away from my Windows laptop, I live on the iPad and use its Safari browser. I have never had a problem accessing MFO from my iPad.
  • Reply to @tgeno: Me too. I do follow this forum often from iPhone using Safari. I prefer the mobile version of the forum though. It is much more readable on small screen.
  • Reply to @tgeno: I am using the password I started with this site when I first joined. I get logged out once a month or so when the cookie expires but I can use my userid and password (or email and password) to log back in again. I am not sure why Ted needs to request password each time.