Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Our Funds Boat, Sabbatical

edited January 2013 in Fund Discussions
Howdy,

A sabbatical period, but not related in the religious sense.
I will be involved with a major project, which has already begun; and ending around September of this year.
As this project will consume much more personal time; I plan to reduce posting periods of the Funds Boat weeklies.
There is not any schedule set in stone for any of this; but at least a monthly post is my plan, at this time.

I will otherwise continue to read and write here; and post buys or sells to our portfolio.

Regards,
Catch

Comments

• Catch - Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this and good luck with whatever project you have In store.
  • You will be missed. Thank you for all your fine work. I always enjoy your postings.

Mike_E
  • Catch: I want you to know that I have read your Funds Boat regularly and found it very useful as another point of view to consider. Anyone who doesn't like that you post it doesn't have to read it... I've never understood why people make a big deal about that. Just wanted you to know that I hope you will resume (soon) your take on things especially as you begin to transform your mostly bond portfolio to a conservative portfolio that also includes more equities. Thanks again.
  • Catch, I continue to appreciate all of your contributions to this site.

Kevin
  • I hope it is, at the very least, a deeply rewarding project. We'll be grateful for whatever you have time to share.

David
  • I will be watching for your monthly posts. Let us know what equity funds you have chosen if/when you make equity moves.
  • edited January 2013
    Hi Catch 22,

I wish you the very best with your project. Hey, wait for a pull back before hooking up to the equity train and then I'd position cost average in during the pull backs with the funds that you wish to own long term ... and, then buy the valleys and sell the peaks with your equity ballast if that is the route you are thinking on.

Currently, I think equities are fully valued ... not at a premium nor a discount. With this, I am holding.

Best regards,
    Skeeter

• Hey Catch,

liked your column too. I hope to see you back Catch - regularly in about 22.

that is 22 weeks.