Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Did you notice Fidelity lowered its transaction fees?

edited April 2013 in Fund Discussions
Its look like they lower their transaction fees from $75.00 to $20.00?

Comments

• I just checked by beginning to place a TF fund order for GOODX. The preview screen said the fee for placing the order will be $75.
  • Place a dummy order and see $20.00 fee
  • I just tried and the order shows $75 fee. Maybe it is different in IRA?
  • Reply to @Carefree: what TF fund did you (dummy) purchase at Fidelity for $20.00 fee?

• I tried several transaction fees in my SEP-IRA and it showed $20.00
  • Not sure what funds you were buying, but I tried two funds in two different accounts (Trad. and IRA) and both showed a fee of $75. I even placed the orders, just to see if it would show differently and it did not!!

These were both NEW positions in these accounts. What were you trying to do??
  • I was buying POAGX...I email mail them and ask them

• BUY
    This purchase will be completed at the next available price. The FundsNetwork(R) mutual fund you selected to trade does not participate in the No Transaction Fee program. Fidelity will charge a transaction fee each time you buy or exchange shares of FundsNetwork(R) transaction fee funds. For additional information, see the commission schedule on Fidelity's web site.
    Account
    Action Buy
    Symbol POAGX
    Description PRIMECAP ODYSSEY AGGRESSIVE GRWTH FD
    Amount $1,000.00
    Trade Type Cash
    Estimated value of this order without fee: $1,000.00
    Estimated transaction fee: $20.00
    View No-Fee Mutual Funds in the same investment category.
    The estimated value of this order with fee: $1,020.00
    By clicking Place Order, you consent to receive the prospectus
  • Here's the answer...You have be affiliated with Goldman Sachs