Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

RNCOX and RNDLX

edited June 2011 in Fund Discussions
I own both funds which came to my attention via David's fund commentary. Is it a correct assumption that approximately one third of RNDLX replicates the same holdings and strategy of RNCOX?

Comments

• There may be some overlap in the one-third RiverNorth sleeve of RNDLX/RNSIX. Yet, under normal market conditions, RNCOX is more equity-oriented with 52% in stocks currently. As detailed in the April 19th conference call with Galley and Gundlach, the RiverNorth sleeve in RNDLX/RNSIX will generally be more bond-centric. The partnership between these two firms appears on the surface to have much potential. Time will tell. The conference call can be heard here after a simple registration: http://www.talkpoint.com/viewer/starthere.asp?Pres=134875
  • I own RSNIX (large position) and RNCOX (small position). I understand that the "Galley sleeve" of RNSIX will be fixed income CEFs if they can be bought at a suitable discount. It is not a fixed percentage of the portfolio. RNCOX is split between CEFs, ETF, and smaller amounts of other assets, with a changing mix of equity and fixed income. I expect RNCOX to be much more volatile than RNSIX.

I also am grateful to David for highlighting these funds.
  • I think there is a new closed end version of RNCOX planned in the near future...Rivernorth Tactical Opportunities Fund....saw SEC registration.