Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• India is scary, but its not like the world is ending. There's just SO much money fleeing from some of these foreign markets right now that its tough to want to jump in. Takes GUTS.

Its interesting to watch this massacre play out. I've got EPI on my watchlist. Anybody looking to buy India at some point?

EIDO (Indonesia) was down -8.4% today alone.
  • Marketfield has also said that we might be nearing the bottom of the EM trough. While I would not rely on them to make 'the call', they have jumped into some very battered sectors at very early times. They moved aggressively into housing long before that sector saw signs of life. They turned relatively bullish on Europe before most people even barely gave that area any hope at all. Knowing the folks at MFLDX as I do, they will also be aggressive about EMs when they think the time is right. If I recall, their EM shorts are smaller than they were earlier in the year. Just remember these folks will not play follow the herd like most individual investors.
  • Bob
    Which class of Marketfield do you have? MLFDX is an institutional class and has a minimum purchase of $5m. Is there a no-load ,low minimum class?
    prinx
  • Reply to @prinx: Those who owned before the switch are grandfathered in in MFLDX. Otherwise, unfortunately the load shares are what's available.
  • Reply to @prinx: You Can Purchase MFLDX The Institutional Class For A Small Amount. I Purchased $20,000.00
  • Reply to @BobC: According To The July Commentary, They Are Cutting Back On Their Shorts Because The cat Is out Of The bag About Emerging Markets, And They Will Deploy That Money Somwhere Else, Not Because They Think Emerging Markets Will Improve.