Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Anyone invested in Federated Capital Income CAPAX

edited October 2013 in Fund Discussions
Anyone invested in this fund and if so, what are your thoughts about it? Right now I looking for a higher yielding fund that is not solely invested in high yield bonds. I welcome a healthy portion of high yields in the fund, I am just not intested in a pure high yield bond portfolio. I am interested in this fund as well as PGBAX, and JNBAX.

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Hi Heathbob,

I currently own two of the funds that you have referenced, CAPAX & PGBAX; and, I have at one time owned the other one, JNBAX. These are conservative allocation funds that provide a good distribution and I hold them in my hybrid income sleeve.

I have no problems with any of the three and I have JNBAX on my watch list. I was on the verge of using it as a replacement for PASAX. However, it seems PASAX is now headed in the right direction so I am going to run with it for a while longer. Should PASAX begin to falter again JNBAX is one of the funds that might indeed replace it.

I hope this helps.

Skeeter
  • Thanks for the info...i am leaning towards CAPAX...I like that it has a good chunk of emerging market bonds in its portfolio...bonds, in general, are going to be interesting going forward...this is why I am looking and moving some of the money I have in bond funds into these hybrid vehicles that invest in almost anything...I already have alot of equities exposure.