Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

This Is No Time to Get Off The Equity Train: Choo Choo !

Comments

• That was horrible! Painful!
    And for those that have not watched yet, a total waste of time & bandwidth!

If you want to post from CNBC, how about Maria B. singing the praises of Jimmie Damon?
  • Reply to @Rbrt: Is this better ?
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited October 2013
    Love it. I've heard better "Orange Blossom Specials" - but never a bad one. Regards
  • edited October 2013
    Oh, I didn't see the link, just the "pedestrian" video.

To me the conclusions of the article are differ from the title, my take-away:
    "According to the Portfolio Whiteboard Project, a group of investment managers convened to work out how they would invest given a clear white board on which to start, the Yale process of investing should stay the same. Investors should allocate money to different assets according to the risks they carry, so that not everything would fall if one risk comes to pass.

That does not mean that the case for diversification has vanished. Conditions like those of the last five years are unlikely to be repeated very often. But the case is not to buy what Yale bought two or three decades ago. Rather, it is to apply the same process, look for assets that may be inefficiently priced and would not fall with equities, and to buy those."

Some might say this is too simpistic and rudimentry, but sometimes the obvious needs to be said.
  • And ... I didn't see the other link. Actually appears to be from the Financial Times - a more respectable source than CNBC (What isn't?). I'd say the music here is better than the article. I don't pay much attention to bullish articles like this or bearish ones for that matter. Anything can happen and usually does. Confucius say: "He who attempts to time markets is lost."
  • Reply to @hank: Now were talking !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited October 2013
    Reply to @Ted: "Well, I don't care if I do-die-do-die-do-die-do-die. ..."

Related: Four Oklahoma Inmates Escape Through Jail Shower
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/27/21189462-four-oklahoma-inmates-escape-through-jail-shower?lite