Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

David Iben is back!!!

edited November 2013 in Fund Discussions
Kopernik Launches Its Flagship Mutual Fund: Kopernik Global All-Cap Fund
November 1, 2013 (Tampa, Florida) - Kopernik Global Investors, LLC (“Kopernik”), today announced the launch and availability of its flagship mutual fund, the Kopernik Global All-Cap Fund (“Fund”)(Class A: KGGAX; Class I: KGGIX). The Fund focuses primarily on global equities across all market capitalizations and is managed by David B. Iben, CFA, who has been recognized by nationally known publications such as Bloomberg Markets and won several awards by nationally known rating agencies such as Lipper over his 32 year career.

Comments

• Historically a good manager. Do you know how many of his old team are joining him and if the funds will be available via "platforms" ? (Vanguard, Fidelity, etc.)
  • I don't know about his team. The fund will be available on the different platforms at the end of the month
  • Thank you for the info. Invested with him (Tradewinds Global) but sold when he left for greener pastures. Looking forward to learning about his new team and new offering. Mr. Iben was not a closet indexer and was a value guy. Hope Mr. Iben still has his wits and mojo after his Vinik adventure.
  • edited December 2013
    fyi, kggax with mr.iben is now available as both a no load fund and ntf at schwab. i just started a position there today ad will be jumping in with both feet tomorrow. a great chance to get in early with a great PM when assets are extremely low.
  • For what interest it holds, we wrote a bit about Mr. Iben's fund in a "Launch Alert" feature in the December commentary.

David
  • thanks for the heads up on this David and Carefree.