Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Did the Advisor class of Whitebox Tactical Opportunities go away?

edited February 2014 in Fund Discussions
WBMRX has not priced today on my account today and is no longer identifies by its ticker. Did I miss something?

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Ha! I think it is gone...will check more tomorrow, but not showing up in prospectus, dated 31 Jan 2014:

http://www.whiteboxmutualfunds.com/docs/lit/tactical/Whitebox_Prospectus2.pdf
  • Hey, I also think they have dumped front-load. A very good thing, if true.
  • edited February 2014
    Per prospectus:
    Advisor Class Shares are no longer being offered. Outstanding Advisor Class Shares were converted to Investor Class Shares on January 31, 2014.
  • edited February 2014
    This is really good news actually.

Minimize share classes.

Eliminate loads.

Bravo!

Now, best if WB Mutual Funds offers just single share class with minimum possible er.

But these are couple big steps in right direction for this promising shop.

Along with performance of WBMIX, again, some good news this New Year.
  • That is good, however, it appears that Fidelity is now only offering the institutional class with a hefty minimum investment and a transaction fee. It appears to still be in limbo in my account.
  • I was put into investor shares.
  • edited February 2014
    Same here @ T D with a $200.00 subsequent investment minimum.

WHITEBOX TACTICAL OPPORTUNITIES INVESTOR-LOAD WAIVED
    Fund symbol: WBMAX

Initial IRA Minimum Amount: 1,000.00

IRA Subsequent Amounts: 200.00
  • Somewhat interesting neither here-nor-there Whitebox note - there was a discussion under a couple of articles on Whitebox regarding their owning grain silos at one point. Those assets were sold a few years ago to Canadian co Ceres Global Ag (CERGF.PK). Jacob Mercer of Whitebox is on the board of Ceres. The Riverland Holdings arm of Ceres was previously called "Whitebox Commodities Holdings Corp."