Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

FMIHX vs. FIMJX

Just for fun, how do you think these funds will compare over the next 10+ years and why? They both own LC Multinationals and approx. 1/3 of FMIJX's holdings are in FMIHX. Do you think one will out perform the other, will they be about the same. and why?

I don't own either, but the closed FMIHX & FMIMX are two of my absolute favorite funds. I wish I could own them.

Thanks, Clem

Comments

• All our fine finds from one of the better value shops. FMIJX should do much better going forward simply because I own it:) I just wish they'd start an all cap global fund. They could just add 1/3 of each for all I care. Damn good managers
  • FMIJX has a fairly broad investment mandates across the globe, even the name implies "international equity" only. It has about 13% domestic stocks (multinational), 12% cash and employs currency hedging. Over time it is likely to become more globally oriented. Since its inception in 2011, it has done well quietly.
    quotes.morningstar.com/fund/f?t=FMIJX&region=usa&culture=en-US
  • One will almost certainly out-perform the other, and they will probably be about the same. 10+ years is enough time to smooth out the bumps.
  • dryflower said:

One will almost certainly out-perform the other, and they will probably be about the same. 10+ years is enough time to smooth out the bumps.

I invest in both. In the near term, FMIJX is more likely to do better with smaller asset base.