Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

This Is When The Bear Growls ?

Will the current good times in mutual fund performance continue? Well here is some more insight on the topic.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2279573-this-is-when-the-bear-growls

Regards
Guido

Comments

• Let's hope Mr. Parnell is wrong.

Anything can happen, but I continue to see anecdotal evidence of continued growth.

Remain cautiously optimistic about the market.

Fingers-crossed.
  • What a prize idiot piece of equivocal writing. Where is Hulbert when you need him? GMO feels the same way, maybe, probably, sort of, but without the handwringing and the fancy prose.

\\ investors should not allow their guards to come completely down. [[ooooh]] For while July may prove just as pleasant this year as May and June, history has shown [[whatever that means]] that if [[love it]] the bear were to finally emerge from hibernation, that July is one of its favorite months to come out growling.

Meaning if it happens, whatever that means, it is more likely to happen the next few weeks? Or something.

I love rich maroon wordsmithing.

I dread what he is going to write if there is a big slump in July. Of course, if a 25% drop for some time is going to make you fall dead, or even go sleepless, you ought not to be in the equity market in the first place.
  • Journalists and the like get paid to write articles and thats the only thing we can predict for sure. In term of the market no one can predict what the market will do next. Its easy to predict the market will go south after a long run up but it may just surprise us and keep climbing. However, beware of the eternal optimist of a financial advisor who makes his money selling you funds but will be no where to be found if things do go bad.

My advice? Diversify. Don't sell your bonds. Bonds have done very well long term and besides they are in your portfolio to cushion the blow of a downturn. Don't let greed ever make you forget that.

Guido