Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Next Week's Key Earnings Reports

FYI: Next week earnings season kicks into full gear. Below is a list of the 50 largest companies set to report next week, with key data included that's pulled from our Interactive Earnings Report Database -- available to Bespoke Institutional members.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.bespokeinvest.com/thinkbig/2014/10/17/next-weeks-key-earnings-reports.html?printerFriendly=true

Comments

• That's your "Tell" for the stock market...
  • @Tampabay: As a rookie on the MFO Discussion Board, you need to take a step back and let us seasoned veterans lead the way.
  • Ted said:

@Tampabay: As a rookie on the MFO Discussion Board, you need to take a step back and let us seasoned veterans lead the way.

Hi Ted,

I wish you knew the "rookie" better.

Mr. Bay will lead the way into non-pure mustard gas, thinking it's garlic!

Mona

• @Mona: What am I missing !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Hi Ted,

Based on your post "As a rookie on the MFO Discussion Board, you need to take a step back and let us seasoned veterans lead the way", it seems like you are missing nothing.

Mona

• Mona, Is this the BUTWAIT of MFO?.....not as many charts, though...
    There's a new "rookie" in town....
  • @Tampabay: Bern's Steakhouse tiomorrow night, I'm buying.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • @Ted: What am I missing !
    Regards,
    Mona
  • I believe Ted's currently in the Tampa area visting family.

Old_Skeet
  • I'll be partying in S. Pasadena Beach, brother trying to Steal a condo (that's buying cheap) and Dining on chicken wings, nachos and bud light
  • edited October 2014
    Bud light? I don't know if you're a rookie, but I tell all the first year students that's a rookie move. You can get equally as good cheaper, or better for the same price.
  • @Tampabay: I agree with jlev, in these parts we call Bud Light 'Panther Piss'
    Regards,
    Ted
    Enjoy !
  • Yes, being a beer connoisseur myself:) ,Bud Light, Coors Light (actually even Coors regular) Labatts Blue Light, they're all the same. Might as well have a glass of water with your wings. And here in the land of chicken wings, we know what to wash them down with. Not Bud Light. Celebrate that new condo with a Sam Adams or the like.
  • Tampabay,

This is the second board that in the recent past, where your taste buds were questioned by multiple posters regarding your affection for Bud Light.

With all due respect, I submit that you learn to like another beer, or at a minimum, do not mention that you drink and enjoy colored water.

Mona

• Domestic beers. Yuck. Guinness, Micro brews would be so much better for those wings
  • Apparently Nano breweries are now a thing
  • Ahh, Guinness. A taste Americans either like or hate.

My wife and I went to Ireland back in the 90's. We found that the Guinness we get here in the states is totally different than on the emerald island. Here, it doesn't come close to the smooth rich taste we had in Ireland. Don't know why.
  • The Deschutes Brewery and the Rogue Brewery out of Oregon make some really nice beers. Sam Adams is another good beer.

Bud Lite and the major domestic breweries are shameful for what they produce. The world laughs at us.
  • Does any of you brain surgeons know what the #1 brand of beer in the U.S. is?
    It would be #1 in the world if it wasn't for the Chinese having their own, but buy your "craft" beer or whatever which has 2% of the beer business, ever wonder why?
    Just got back from beach, bud was great, wings great, beach unbelievable....
    Have fun.....
  • Yes, there marketing is great. The beer sucks. But, Florida beach sounds great. Gonna be in the 40's here tonight.
  • edited October 2014
    @Tampabay no one criticized the rest of the plan. Can't say I understand why bud light is more popular than Budweiser itself, or more heavily marketed.
  • jlev said:

@Tampabay no one criticized the rest of the plan. Can't say I understand why bud light is more popular than Budweiser itself, or more heavily marketed.

You are correct, no one criticized the the rest of the plan. But without exception, well, one exception, no one thought But Light was worthy of drinking.

Mona

• One of our very popular beach bars doesn't carry Bud on draft (probably a deal with miller) seen MANY beach goers turn around and walk out, including me, but can get bud in bottles so have to stay sometimes...otherwise on to another bar....