Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

14 Meaningless Phrases That Will Make You Sound Like A Stock-Market Wizard

FYI: If you follow stock-market punditry obsessively like we do, you'll quickly notice something.

A handful of analysts speak English. But the vast majority don't.

Rather, they speak a language unique to the investment business.

This language consists of market phrases that sound intelligent but don't mean anything.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.businessinsider.com/meaningless-market-phrases-that-sound-smart-2014-12?op=1

Comments

• One of the best links you ever posted.

spot on.
  • Any politician would be proud of them....
  • The 14 meaningless phrases sound like a replay of 30 years of Louis Rukeyser's Wall Street Week. My favorite is "The market is down on profit taking." I seem to be one of the few people who take a loss when they sell. Everybody else takes profits.

On cue, yesterday's market commentary from Ulli Niemann, which I receive as an email, was headed "Stocks Drop Before The New Year As Investors Secure 2014 Profits."