Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Help with Large Cap Funds....

I have too many large cap funds and I would like to eliminate a few of them. I have the following BBTEX, YAFFX, SSHFX, FAIRX, and VDIGX. I only want to keep one or two. Everyone's thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Comments

• I would start with FAIRX. The performance has been lacking with no visibility for improvement.
  • edited February 2015
    I'd drop FAIRX. Enough with Berkowitz's current bets already, especially SHLD.
  • @Carefree: Make that a trifecta for FAIRX replace BBTEX with QQQ.
    Regards,
    ted
    Regards,
    ted
  • Don't drop Yacktman and Soundshore and Vanguard. Cut the rest. If you really must go down to two, drop either Soundshore or Vanguard.
  • I'll join the mob and say get rid of FAIRX. Nothing wrong with SSHFX, but I think I'd prefer the others. Coin toss between VDIGX and BBTEX, and I'd definitely keep YAFFX.
  • Thanks everyone