Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Healthcare ETFs Have More Room To Run

FYI: Healthcare sector exchange traded funds have been outpacing the broader markets and could remain healthy as rising profits diminish concerns over frothy valuations.
Regards,
Ted

http://www.etftrends.com/2015/02/healthcare-etfs-have-more-room-to-run/

Comments

• Is there a "Sure-Thing" in investing? Book it.....Dano..
  • My fav etf in this space is PJP, up 28% in 2014. Added it 2 years ago because even though I had a health care fund and biotech fund, they did not seem to own large pharma. It's a keeper.
  • Eyeballling PJP's holdings simply reminded me of my early purchase, and premature selling of LGND. Yikes.
  • The Pharma holdings of PJP are ok and typical, biotech holdings are not that great, I prefer TR price health care fund to PJP.
  • edited February 2015
    @David,

I also have a health care fund PHSZX and biotech fund FBTIX, this just fills in some gaps of large pharma that the others did not seem to concentrate on.
  • @Slick
    David Chan is a very talented biotech/health care investor, PHSZX is a great fund.
  • I own both PJP and PHSZX. PJP beats PHSZX since PJP inception in mid 2005, with much smaller volatility, and it is more tax efficient as well.
  • David MMP, you just picked up my head on PHSZX, not crazy about their expenses, but 10yr record is outstanding, some obscure holdings, will do more work on Chan,
    but fund goes on Watchlist....thanks tb
  • TB .. isn't PHSZX closed to new investors? I have not been able to find it - maybe only to those with financial advisors? Thanks
  • Closed to All Investors No
    Closed to New Investors 06/29/2012 Yes (Morningstar)

learn, you are correct, I could probably get it thru Vanguard, BUT I'm loaded in H/C, will watch fund and Chan for maybe later...tb