Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

An Easy Prediction

Comments

• LOL, nice chart!

A retired friend of mine, who lives many states away and has something over $1M in his portfolio, told me about 6 months ago that he was buying 3D printer stocks. He didn't say how much, but if someone wanted to gamble with 5% - 10%, have at it.

Eh, good luck, but I'll stick with my stodgy old auto-pilot mutual funds, keeping me properly diversified and allocated. Jumping on bandwagons has never been my style.
  • No spice for stodgy Leroy; he's no fun. But a great fund for BTDers--- so many dips from which to choose!
  • Good luck with your market timing.
  • Bought a bit of CMI recently. Boring play.
  • With $2.9 million of assets and an expense ratio of 1.50% on the retail share class, they're dragging in at most $45K of revenue. After deducting trading costs and what they undoubtedly had to pay Schwab to be a OneSource fund, you'd have to guess the fund manager does this in his spare time on the weekend, since he is after all the CEO of a media company in addition to having day to day responsibility for the fund. Considering his background, all $2.9 million of AUM might be his own!