Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Chuck Jaffe: Which Investments Would You Buy If You Had To Do It All Over Again?

FYI: In a few weeks, two mutual funds that I have owned for at least 20 years will no longer be part of my portfolio.
That’s by circumstance, not by choice, but it leaves me with questions to answer and decisions to make. Moreover, even if you never face the same challenges, the exercise I must now go through will help you update, refresh and refocus your portfolio.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/which-investments-would-you-buy-if-you-had-to-do-it-all-over-again-2015-04-06/print

Comments

• Easy for Me: Buy Shares in Profitable, Growing U.S. companies when I was a young man and could afford to buy a few shares every week... result would be:
    Can you spell multi-millionaire by 40, 50, well before 60...but that's past History, but not for young people today....tap one on the shoulder and tell Him/Her
  • Another relevant thought:“I made my money by selling too soon.” – Bernard Baruch