Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Breaking News

edited June 2015 in Off-Topic
NBC has announced that Brian Williams will be returning to NBC - but at its sister network (cable affiliate), MSNBC, where he will be reporting on "Breaking News."

Give me a break!

If I wanted to be cynical, I'd say the move makes sense from this standpoint: Since the news will be "breaking" as he reports it, he won't have time to make up fake anecdotes or embellish the stories so much.:)

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-williams-msnbc-story.html

(May need to scroll down to view story)

Comments

• @hank: Thanks, but does anyone really care, I don't.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited June 2015
    Awww, I wanted him to become a rapper.

• edited June 2015
    Oh, I forgot Ted - you're in charge here and your zillions of links every day deserve everyone's undivided attention.
    At least I posted this worthless bit of information under "Off-Topic" - a protocol you sometimes fail to observe.

But - don't get me mad Ted!:)
  • edited June 2015
    He's perfect for cable. He was always trying to become more important then the news he was reporting, and when he interviewed people, he asked questions, so he could insert a story or anecdote about himself. If the watergate plumbers and Olly could have their own radio shows, certainly Brian can have a tv show.

Another member of the "fair and balanced news" that might be true, but then again it might not be.:)
  • @hank: The proper protocal is to go with the plain vanilla guy Lester Holt ! No pun intended!
    Regards,
    Ted
  • @Ted :)

(No further comment)

Regards