Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Desalination Simplified

"The technology uses pervaporation, a technique by which the water is first filtered through the membrane to remove larger particles and then heated until it vaporises. The vapour is then condensed to get rid of small impurities, and clean water is collected."

egyptian-filters-seawater-environment

Comments

• I think this is in everyone's future. Not just the desert countries. After oil, next import will be I-cannot-believe-its-not-spring-water from Saudi Arabia. Then we will get hooked on it. Then we will discover in North Dakota there is so much polluted water from all the oil exploration and we will start desalinating it. Desalinated water prices will drop.

I can see the future !!!

:P
  • heated until it vaporises. The vapour is then condensed to get rid of small impurities, and clean water is collected
    Think that is called distillation. Desalination from sea water is not cheap especially for large population.
  • A few water etfs for those who might have a drinking problem:
    etfdb-category/water-equities-/
  • edited October 2015
    Remain long Ecolab (ECL) and Danaher (DHR). Pondered, but didn't Pentair (PNR).

http://www.ecolab.com/about/our-vision/clean-water/

Danaher already had water exposure, but recently bought Pall (http://www.pall.com/main/water-treatment/water-treatment-fd4dd3a5.page?)
  • Scott, I own Danaher for more pure play on their enabling process to deliver drinkable water on commercial scales. Not so sure with Ecolab - need more research. The part of where it links Nalco, a water treatment company that went through rough time (actually filed for Chapter 13).
  • bee said:

A few water etfs for those who might have a drinking problem:
    etfdb-category/water-equities-/

LOL. I make ice out of Ozarka for my single malt.
  • @VintageFreak,

Nestle makes the very best...Ozarka and many other hydrations.

VF have they contacted you with regard to your single malt? I'll have a double.

nestle-waters.com/question-and-answers
  • From my experience Nalco is part of Ecolab. Part of Ecolab supplies chemicals to clean manufacturing facilities and provide lube chemicals for conveyors etc. NALCO helps to maintain Nano systems such as those used to provide clean water to meet the specifications required for Safe Quality Food standards and other ISO requirements.