Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Time to invest in blue-chip stocks

"In times of increasing market volatility, one would expect money to flow into those companies best able to: 1) protect their revenue and earnings streams; 2) self-fund operations; 3) pay a competitive dividend yield; and, of course, 4) avoid financial distress. But this year I really haven't seen that flight to quality."

Comments

• Mr. Market richly rewards those companies satisfying his desires (Alphabet, Amazon) but severely punishes those disappointing him (Walmart, IBM).
  • edited October 2015
    For the past 30 days the three best performing categories, according to Morningstar, are Large Cap Growth followed by Large Cap Blend with Large Cap Value coming in third. So it seems there has been a performance rotation to the large cap categories. In addition, from review of the Spider Sector ETF's, the three best performing sector ETF's, for the past thirty days, have been materials, energy and technology.

Currently, about seventy five percent of my equities are in large caps along with about twenty five percent being invested in the three best performing sectors for the past thirty days.

In addition, one might wish to read bee's comment made under ... How do you rate this market? Buy, Sell of Hold ... Just follow the link contained in her comment.

In doing another look back (review), in thirty days, I wonder what the leaders might be?