Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Walthausen Small Cap Value Fund reopening to new investors

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1418191/000141304216000337/walthscvsupp.htm
497 1 walthscvsupp.htm
WALTHAUSEN SMALL CAP VALUE FUND

TICKER WSCVX

February 24, 2016

SUPPLEMENT TO PROSPECTUSES DATED JUNE 1, 2015

The Board of Trustees of Walthausen Funds (the “Trust”) has approved the re-opening of the Walthausen Small Cap Value Fund (the “Fund”), a series of the Trust, to new investors and new accounts effective on or about March 1, 2016. In connection with this action, the following changes are hereby made to the Fund’s Prospectus:

The sentence “The Fund is closed to new investors. See “Investing in the Fund” on page 8 for additional details.” is deleted on page 4 and page 8 of the prospectus.

The section under the heading “Investing in the Fund” is deleted on page 8 of the prospectus and replaced with the following:

You may purchase shares directly through the Fund’s transfer agent or through a brokerage firm or other financial institution that has agreed to sell the Fund’s shares. If you are investing directly in the Fund for the first time, you will need to establish an account by completing a Shareholder Account Application (To establish an IRA, complete an IRA Application). To request an application, call toll-free 1-888-925-8428.

Please retain this supplement with your Prospectus for future reference. You may obtain more information about the Fund at www.walthausenfunds.com or by calling toll-free 1-888-925-8428.

Comments

• Nothing to see here, kids.

WSCVX has had mediocre performance for the past four years and their current portfolio is a collection of value traps, waiting for the turnaround that never comes. A heavy weighting in financials and industrials doesn't help either - two of the sectors one does not want to currently be in.
  • @DiphcOracl You betcha. Show me a value fund, of any kind, that has had some decent performance in the past and/or recently, and they're pretty much all doing it, to one degree or another, loading the boat with financials/industrials. I guess, because their "models" are telling them it should be so? Rather disappointing to see it, doesn't seem.... mindful. The one good quality of WSCVX that I've noted is that you don't have to worry about style drift with Walthausen--- he simply won't do it. Now, if we were to experience a major correction (i.e. a big second leg down to what's already occurred), getting into this fund after capitulation might be something to consider. It would probably roar at the beginning of a new cycle again. But I would agree with you that NOW? good Lordy no.