Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Is A Higher-Yielding Bond Worth The Risk?

FYI: As financial advisers, we often have to tell our clients that a seemingly attractive investment isn’t as sweet a deal as it might seem. We also have to winnow out such offerings among securities and strategies that are pitched to us as possibilities for our clients.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.wsj.com/articles/is-a-higher-yielding-bond-worth-the-risk-1464102238

Comments

• To read the full story
    Subscribe or Sign In
  • @heezsafe: Sorry about that ! It was free early this morning when I linked the article. Try a Google search with the title of the article.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited May 2016
    Yeah - A lot of the WSJ or Barron's stuff comes up on first try. But than they block subsequent readings if you try to access it again. Clearing cookies from browser might work, but that causes other headaches.

My guess is that there's a trading opportunity there for some sharp cookies with the 10 year nearing 2%. But yikes - that's still a dismally low return on a 10 year. Personally, I'd rather play with nitro.