Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

No Rate Increase This Year ?

FYI: ( This is what the Linkster has been saying all year)
U.S. retail sales were unexpectedly flat in July as Americans cut back on discretionary spending, pointing to a moderation in consumption that could temper expectations of a sharp pickup in economic growth in the third quarter.

Other data on Friday showed that producer prices recorded their biggest drop in nearly a year in July amid declining costs for services and energy goods. Cooling consumer spending and tame inflation suggest the Federal Reserve will probably not raise interest rates anytime soon despite a robust labor market.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-idUSKCN10N1DL?il=0

Comments

• I feel there is something going on when you read stories like this.
    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/11/wendys-ceo-presidential-election-hurting-burger-sales.html
    The CEO may have run out of reasons for declining fast food sales. I really doubt people are thinking that if Hillary or Donald gets in bad things will happen.
    I think people are pulling back because they don't have the money.

Also, what you don't read about is how less expensive gas is putting more money into people's pockets. Why not?
  • Still say it is a mistake NOT to hike at least once this year.
  • Sandra Wisdom:

Q: "Also, what you don't read about is how less expensive gas is putting more money into people's pockets. Why not?"

A: Because it is not going into their pockets. It is being used to pay off credit card debt.
  • Sven said:

Still say it is a mistake NOT to hike at least once this year.

Why?