Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Changes to Loomis Sayles Intermediate Duration Bond Fund

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/917469/000119312516697721/d232478d497.htm

497 1 d232478d497.htm LOOMIS SAYLES FUNDS I
LOOMIS SAYLES INTERMEDIATE DURATION BOND FUND

Supplement dated August 31, 2016 to the Prospectus and Statement of Additional Information (“SAI”) of the Loomis Sayles Intermediate Duration Bond Fund (the “Fund”), each dated February 1, 2016, as may be revised or supplemented from time to time.

Effective immediately, shares of the Fund can no longer be purchased, exchanged or redeemed through the prospectus or SAI referenced above.

Comments

• Rather cryptic until one realizes that Loomis Sayles is merely rearranging its share classes today. Retail and I shares no longer exist, so of course they can't be purchased or redeemed.

Class I (this share class) -> Class Y
    Class Retail -> Class A (load waived, grandfathered)

From a previous supplement:

"On or about August 31, 2016, any outstanding Retail Class shares of the Fund will be redesignated as Class A shares of the Fund. Also on such date, any outstanding Institutional Class shares of the Fund will be redesignated as Class Y shares of the Fund. ... Retail Class and Institutional Class shares will be available for purchase through the Fund’s Prospectus until the date of such redesignations."

http://quote.morningstar.com/fund-filing/Summary-Prospectus-Supplement/2016/6/17/t.aspx?t=LSDIX&ft=497&d=d9facfa87f044731bc014834b139a194
  • @msf

Thanks for resolving the mystery!
  • It will be exciting to watch the many positive effects these changes will surely have on fund performance. Transformative!