Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• Bud September 2016
  • Ted September 2016
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Fidelity: What Bond Investors Should Know About Higher Rates

FYI: If you have tuned into financial media over the past few weeks, you have heard plenty of talk about the uncertainty surrounding Fed policy—with many investors wondering how fast and high the Fed will raise rates.

While the prospect of a Fed policy change is significant, it doesn’t mean rates overall will rise dramatically, and it doesn’t change the important role bonds can play in a portfolio. If you have a diversified portfolio that makes sense for your investment goals, time horizon, and financial circumstance, you can probably ignore the short-term concerns about a rate change.
Here are four features of bonds that may help you maintain your perspective
Regards,
Ted
https://www.fidelity.com/viewpoints/investing-ideas/fed-rate-hike-worries

Comments

• I've had an account with Fido for years and never used the fixed income analysis tool before. It provides a good summary of my bond fund key data points. I like the estimate of how rising/lower interest rates could affect the funds' values.
    Thanks for posting Ted.
  • @Bud: Glad the link was of some help !
    Regards,
    Ted