Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Mutual fund dividend payout history

Does anybody know whether a fund's dividend payout history is available on M* or anywhere else?

Comments

• edited November 2016
    On Yahoo Finance you can look up the historical prices for funds and there's an option to choose to see just the dividends. As far as I've ever been aware that will give you a complete history of dividends for the fund.

Here's a link to the page with historical prices and maybe even the dividends but I'm not sure the link captures the choice to see dividends... (I checked, it does, so you just have to enter the funds you're interested in)

https://finance.yahoo.com/q/hp?s=PRBLX&a=07&b=31&c=1992&d=10&e=4&f=2016&g=v
  • M*'s Quote for a MF gives the past five years of dividend and CG distributions. Scroll to the bottom.
  • I believe you'll find that M* gives the last five dividends. That could span the last five years if the fund paid dividends annually, such as Vanguard Primecap VPMCX. Or that could cover less than half a year if the fund paid monthly dividends, such as Riverpark Short Term High Yield (RPHYX).
  • Yes. Other places you can find historical distributions: bigcharts.marketwatch.com/historical (enter ticker and click on 'interactive chart'), stockcharts.com (turn on 'events' overlay), finance.google.com, and if you're lucky the fund's website itself.