Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

VBIAX - 16 Years of Fund Perfection

Comments

• @Charles.

Just playing along at home...did you mean to press "V" for VBIAX in the Title of your thread?
  • bee said:

Just playing along at home...did you mean to press "V" for VBIAX in the Title of your thread?

I also saw the thread title and thought this thread was going to be about one of those once-vaunted Whitebox funds making a comeback.

• edited December 2016

Ha! That's good!

Thanks guys for correction.

Yep, humility.

Hope all is well.

c
  • Perfection? Be sure not to compare over that span with huge outperformers DODBX, FBALX, and for sure not with the more than doubling FPACX.
  • VBIAX changed their benchmark equity index 2005-06 timeframe. Since then they have outperformed 2 of the 3 listed (all 4 very close however). Survivorship bias is frequently overlooked in these type analysis.
  • Haha, pick a start date. This one was in the subject line.

I mean, you can start end 1992 also :) , to make Vanguard look especially comparatively paltry. As Groucho did not say, 'That is my timespan. If you don't like it, I have others.'

Yes, funds that survived, always.