Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

FEDX

edited January 2017 in Off-Topic
Wondering what's going on with these guys? Amazon normally ships UPS - no problems.

A week ago I ordered couple small decorative antique statues for the house from a seller on EBay (under $100).
They shipped from California Monday. First, the FedX tracking info said they would take a week to get to our home in Michigan. Seemed like a long time for a company with the word "express" in its name. Than today they added two more days to the delivery date, making the anticipated time in transit 9 days.

Than I saw this on the news tonight.

Comments

• Even though the signals were not activated, the driver is supposed to look both ways at crossings. You think your item was in that truck trailer?
  • This was a case of NOT better late than never !! Crossing gate was just a tad late,
    WOW, Derf
  • edited January 2017

You think your item was in that truck trailer?

Dunno. Going to go buy some glue tomorrow just in case.:)
    -

Edit - It's unlikely. However, the crash occurred in Utah - so it's not inconceivable my items (shipping from California to Michigan) were on the truck that got whacked. Since FEDX anticipates 9 days transit time, we can pretty much rule out that the items are shipping by air.

Saw this on ABC news. Pretty sure the driver wasn't injured.

• As far as I know, in cases like that, FedEx totals the entire contents of the trailer, even if some items were not damaged. They have insurance and it would take too long to inspect everything.